Patrick Delaney is Of Counsel in Devlin Law Firm LLC. He was previously a litigation associate at DLA Piper, one of the largest law firms in the world. Mr. Delaney’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation in the Federal Courts and before the U.S. International Trade Commission involving patents and trademarks. He represents clients across a wide range of industries including electronics, telecommunications, computer-related technology, semiconductors, chemicals, materials science, pharmaceuticals, biologicals and consumer products.
Mr. Delaney also represents clients in proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. In addition, he provides counsel to clients regarding the acquisition and retention of intellectual property rights. Mr. Delaney’s career also includes experiences as a management consultant and financial auditor at Price Waterhouse, LLP and as a patent examiner of polymer chemistry, chemical engineering and biotechnology at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Licensing and Strategic Counselling on Intellectual Property Rights and Claims
- Patent & Trademark Prosecution
- Class Actions
- J.D., Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, DC, 1999
- M.S., Biotechnology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2001
- B.S., Accounting & Chemistry, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, 1988
- Washington DC
- U.S. Courts: DC, WDNY, Federal Circuit, 4th Circuit, Federal Claims, SCOTUS
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Registered
*Attorney is not barred in Delaware.