Lowell D. Jacobson is Of Counsel at Devlin Law Firm LLC. Following his clerkship for the Hon. Lawrence J. Block on the United States Court of Federal Claims, he practiced intellectual property litigation at several other law firms, most notably Winston & Strawn, LLP. Mr. Jacobson’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation in the Federal Courts and before the U.S. International Trade Commission, primarily involving patents and trade secrets. He represents clients across a wide range of industries including electronics, telecommunications, computer-related technology, semiconductors, chemicals, materials science, medical devices, transportation, retail, and consumer products.
Mr. Jacobson also represents clients in Inter Partes review proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. In addition, he provides counsel to clients regarding the acquisition and retention of intellectual property rights, intellectual property aspects of mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property enforcement and defense strategy.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Licensing and Strategic Counselling on Intellectual Property Rights and Claims
- J.D., George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, 2007
- B.S., cum laude, Electrical Engineering, Columbia University Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, 2004
- B.A., History and Physics, Williams College, 2004
- New York
- U.S. Courts: Northern District of Illinois, Federal Claims
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Registered
* Attorney is not barred in Delaware