Leland Marcus is an associate with the Devlin Law Firm.
Prior to joining the Devlin Law Firm, Mr. Marcus served for 15 years as patent examiner at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, including ten years as a primary examiner authorized to issue patents based on his own judgement. While serving at the USTPO, Mr. Marcus focused on business methods patents, in particular operations research and finance.
Immediately after college, Mr. Marcus served in the U.S. Navy as an officer qualified in nuclear submarines. He served onboard USS Tunny (SSN-682) as a junior officer and participated in two deployments to the western Pacific, including conducting five missions vital to national security. Mr. Marcus is qualified to be Engineering Officer and previously held a TS/SCI clearance.
- JD, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, 2008
- MBA, Finance and Entrepreneurship, Georgia Tech, 2003
- MS, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech, 2001
- Officer’s Curriculum, US Navy Nuclear Power Program, 1994
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, Texas, 1992
Areas of Practice
- Patent Drafting
- Patent Prosecution
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (pending)
**Attorney is not barred in Delaware