Nadiia S. Loizides is an associate at Devlin Law Firm LLC. Nadiia was previously a Senior Attorney in the Litigation Section of a national law firm, where her duties mostly concerned contractual and corporate matters and IP litigation. Prior to that, Nadiia worked at a Delaware boutique bankruptcy and commercial litigation firm, specializing in Delaware corporate law. She also consulted on copyright issues. Before moving to the U.S., Nadiia was an adjunct professor of Applied Linguistics at a university in Ukraine.
In 2015, Nadiia graduated Magna Cum Laude from Widener University School of Law, Delaware, where she ranked in the top 5% of her class. Nadiia’s focus in law school was on intellectual property and business and corporate law. While at law school, she externed for Chief Magistrate Judge Mary Pat Thynge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware and worked as a research assistant to the Acting Dean Erin Daly. She also served as an Articles Editor on the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law and Vice President of Programming of the IP Society.
Areas of Practice
- Patent Litigation
- Copyright Law
- Trademark Law
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Entertainment Law
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude; top 5%; Business Organizations Law Certificate; Widener Scholar; Friends of Widener Scholar
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine, master’s degree, 2003, Applied Linguistics
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine, bachelor’s degree, 2002, Applied Linguistics
- Delaware (2015)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware (2016)
- Delaware Bar Association
- Law Review:
- Nadiia S. Loizides, The RESPECT Act & Co.: Showing Some, but not Enough, Respect to American Heritage Artists, 19 TUL. J. TECH. & INTELL. PROP. 47 (2016).
- Other Papers:
- Nadiia S. Loizides, Joke Theft and the Law, PA. BAR INTS. ENT. L. CONF. MATERIALS (2019).
- Andrea M. Castetter & Nadiia S. Loizides, The Eye in the Sky: Employee Monitoring, AIPLA 2016 SPRING MEETING SESSION MATERIALS (2016).
- James Pooley & Nadiia S. Loizides, Practical Considerations in Deciding whether to Use Secrecy or Patenting, AIPLA ANN. MEETING SESSION MATERIALS (2015).
- The Delaware Journal of Corporate Law
- Russian and Ukrainian (native proficiency)
- German and French (basic)
- Engineering drafting
Civic and Pro Bono
- Pro Bono Distinction, Widener University School of Law (2015)