Dolly Wu is a senior counsel at Devlin Law Firm LLC. She divides her time as a lawyer, engineer and physicist. In the legal field, she was an intellectual property counsel or patent agent at Fortune-500 companies John Deere, General Electric (Critical Power) and Texas Instruments. On the other end of the spectrum, she also counseled small startup companies and professors. She started out interning for three federal judges and twice for the federal public defenders (all at TXED and TXND). In the technical field, she was senior integrated-circuit design engineer at Texas Instruments, and postdoctoral fellow at University of Michigan and the Superconducting Supercollider Lab. She was a pioneer in radiative tau decay, the mass of the top quark, and electronic neural network pattern recognition for elementary particles.
Dolly’s legal practice focuses on federal intellectual property matters. As a lawyer, Dolly works on patent monetization, patent litigation, licensing, contracts, legal analysis, patent strategies, patent preparation and prosecution. As an engineer and physicist, Dolly works on a broad range of technologies, including electronics, circuits, communication systems, semiconductors, power management, data acquisition, software, algorithms, calibration, statistics, data analysis, agricultural spray machines, particle detectors, and improved understanding of physics.
- California Institute of Technology, Ph.D., Physics, established radiative tau decay with Nobel Laureate Martin Perl.
- Columbia University, B.A., Physics, summa cum laude
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., 2010, cum laude
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Improving the Security of Data Storage and Transmission. http://ssrn.com/abstract=2929097 (March 2017).
- Everyone is an Inventor!; and Big Data in Agriculture. National Chiao Tung University workshops, invited talks (December 2016).
- High Performance Current Feedback Amplifiers at Your Service. EDN. www.edn.com/design/analog/4442653/High-Performance-Current-Feedback-Amplifiers-At-Your-Service (September 2016).
- Spray Pattern of (Agricultural) Nozzle Systems. U.S. Pat. App. 20160368011, sole inventor Dolly Wu (2016). SSRN.
- Columbia University. COLUM. SCI. & TECH. L. REV. 2013, The Use of Use for Patented Systems
- Northwestern University. NW. J. TECH. INTELL. PROP. 2011, Timing the Choice of Law by Contract
- Boston College. B.C. INTELL. PROP. & TECH. F., 2010, Qualification Standards for Court Appointed Experts?
- University of Virginia. VA. J.L. & TECH., 2010, Patentable Subject Matter: What is the Matter with Matter?
- USPTO. J. PAT. & TRADEMARK OFF. SOC’Y, 2009, Internet Patents: Joint Infringement
Five issued patents, several pending
Contact Dolly Wu